Minecraft just had it’s 1.2.2 update this morning so it seems and I just wanted to share a few of the updates.
For a complete list of the updates look at Notch’s (The creator) blog at: http://notch.tumblr.com/
- Players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
- Zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
- Zombie pigs eventually forgive you for hurting them
- It appears the Nethers works now
- You can use minecarts now supposedly
- Sheep and cows now look like sheep and cows!
- Buckets work
- No animals setting
Now you can also add your own texture pack to completely change the look of the game by using an in game menu button. You can place the zip file in the user/library/application support/minecraft/texturepacks folder like you used to have to do but now you can quickly select between them with the new Choose Texture Mods button on the main menu. I have placed a link of my favorite texture packs as of now. The two are lacking in a few places but I plan on combining them to get what i’m looking for.
My personal favorite texture packs: